The Mission of the Idaho State Assembly of Surgical Technologists is to Enhance Quality Patient Care and Safety through Education, Certification and Ongoing Promotion of the Profession of Surgical Technology.
- The Idaho State Assembly of Surgical Technologists will become the authority on:
- Standards of Professional Education and preferred level of entry into the profession.
- State wide requirement for certification.
- Promotion of Surgical Technology as cost effective and highly skilled experts in the surgical arena.
- National Trends in Surgical Technology and Certified First Assisting.
- Certification of all Idaho of all CST and CFA graduates.
- Ongoing, high quality, professional continuing education opportunities.
- Open lines of communication between the Board, Stakeholders and the Public.
- Lobbying in state and national arenas for graduation from an accredited program andcertification as a condition of employment.
- Build a framework that supports the accomplishment of the Mission, Vision and Goals.
- Leadership. Influence of others to achieve the vision and goals of IDSAST.
- Respect. Courtesy and consideration in all situations.
- Collaboration. Working with all interested parties to create a respected organization for all Idaho CST and CFA members.
- Accountability. Assuming responsibility for our actions, decisions and creation of policies.